How would you describe your solution in a few words?
Hydromedia is a water management system that rapidly absorbs rainwater off streets, parking surfaces, driveways, walkways and roofs for buildings – reducing the risk of flooding. It is used for its high drainage capacity and can contribute to fighting Urban Heat Island by reducing surface temperature and increasing air humidity. It can contribute for the cooling of buildings and thus reduce the energy needed for air conditioning. It is formulated with low CO2 cement based binders.
Who are your customers?
Urban Planners and Building construction companies
What are the environmental benefits of your solution?
- Water management to avoid flooding with high permeability and no water surface collection
- Aesthetic, without slopes necessary to manage water
- Sustainable, it is 100% recyclable, contributes to reduce the Urban Heat Island effect and helps recycle rainwater
- Air quality improvement
- Well-being effect when combine with vegetation
How do you manage to exist on the market?
- Prescriptive commercial approach
- Communication on existing projects
Nominated solution: HYDROMEDIA
Further information: HOLCIM – HYDROMEDIA