How would you describe your solution in a few words?
ECOPLAS C3 solution provides deposition of hydrophobic and oleophobic surfaces on polymeric materials including textiles by using both environmentally safe chemistry and ecofriendly 100% dry plasma coating method.
Who are your customers?
Suppliers to the consumer electronics, automotive, microfiltration and mining and refining industry.
What are the environmental benefits of your solution?
Advanced and sustainable manufacturing system: use of environmentally safe resources and PECVD method.
- No air pollutants such as HF/NOx, thanks to vacuum closed reactor and use of a dry scrubber installed in the exhaust line. Traditional processes involve high emission of pollutants contributing to the total global warming.
- Low raw material consumption (about 60%), thanks to high density nanoscaled coatings.
- Reduction of energy and chemical consumption by replacing the traditional wet chemical padding process.
- 100% elimination of water and soil pollutants.
- Contribution to circular economy, since ECOPLAS C3 coated polyester fabrics can be recycled
How do you manage to exist on the market?
To meet the high demands of the market, Sefar currently uses C6-based fluorine compounds and conventional auxiliaries to produce filter materials with hydrophobic and oleophobic surfaces.
However, the trend is clear to avoid these chemicals for health reasons (REACH EU/784/2020).
Nominated Solution: ECOPLAS C3
Company: Sefar AG
Further Information: www.sefar.com