How would you describe your solution in a few words?
With innovative process technology, we achieve unprecedented 90% recovery of all battery components.
We operate at zero-emission and more than half of the consumed energy comes from the batteries and own solar panels.
Who are your customers?
Battery material manufacturers, battery manufacturers, car manufacturers, car importers
What are the environmental benefits of your solution?
Compared to mining the required battery materials Librec’s recycling saves 8.1 tonnes of CO₂ per ton. Compared to previous recycling technologies Librec saves 4.8 tonnes of CO₂ per ton. Also, the dramatic damage of mining to the earth’s crust and environment, as well as to the affected populations’ health is avoided. Finally, enormous transportation efforts become unnecessary.
How do you manage to exist on the market?
- Maximum recovery rates (‘closed-loop’)
- Minimum CO₂ footprint
- Label for end-customer/consumer
- Customer controls raw materials at all times
- No standstill of raw material, but quick return for profitable reuse (RoI)
- No expensive distributors network needed
- Most efficient process in case of accidents or critical batteries
- International network and minimum logistics cost
- Option to reuse battery in ‘second life’ and attractive kickback
Nominated Solution: Closed-loop Battery Recycling
Company: Librec AG
Further Information: www.librec.ch